Scottish Power must publish weekly progress reports on customer complaint handling, Ofgem says.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Barclaycard's market leading 34 month balance transfer offer
- 0% balance transfers for 34 months made within 60 days (2.99% fee)
- Special offer: 3.5% fee reduced to 2.99% by refund
- 0% on purchases for 9 months
A great low 3.9% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Peer-to-peer personal loan
- No early repayment fees or hidden charges
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000 for any purpose
- Spread repayments over a period of 2 to 5 years
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.1% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.10% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Ofgem campaign aims to raise student awareness of savings to be made by shopping around for energy.
Suppliers involved in last year's Warm Homes Discount scheme spent almost £291 million in support.
Satisfaction with all but one of the big energy companies continues to fall.
Virtual banking accounts for transactions of £6.4 billion each week - so what of the local branch?
How to complain about your energy company, from why you should email, to who can help.Read more »
We take a look at some of the options available to help ease the pain of the winter fuel bill.Read more »
More in the money guide
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »