Restrictions on access and one-off charges to be lifted for basic bank account holders.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Barclaycard's market leading 34 month balance transfer offer
- 0% balance transfers for 34 months made within 60 days (2.99% fee)
- Special offer: 3.5% fee reduced to 2.99% by refund
- 0% on purchases for 9 months
A great low 3.9% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Peer-to-peer personal loan
- No early repayment fees or hidden charges
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000 for any purpose
- Spread repayments over a period of 2 to 5 years
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.36% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.36% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Charity urges an end to the "patchwork approach" to dealing with people who owe money.
Competition over 0% deals sees interest-free borrowing reach almost 42% - but who's paying for it?
More people are in work - but low and stagnant wages are taking their toll.
British Gas fine for missing efficiency obligations will be used to help vulnerable customers.
Whether you're worried about upcoming payments or you're already behind, we look at what you can do.Read more »
We look at what's involved, from why they're made, to what you should do if you face one.Read more »
More in the money guide
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »