Private renters, young adults and working families now the most likely to be in poverty.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Barclaycard's market leading 34 month balance transfer offer
- 0% balance transfers for 34 months made within 60 days (2.99% fee)
- Special offer: 3.5% fee reduced to 2.99% by refund
- 0% on purchases for 9 months
A great low 3.9% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Peer-to-peer personal loan
- No early repayment fees or hidden charges
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000 for any purpose
- Spread repayments over a period of 2 to 5 years
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.1% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.10% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Credit report agency offers "rounded picture" of customer debts - but how useful will it be?
The FCA says most credit card holders have cards that don't best suit their needs - why?
Scottish Power must publish weekly progress reports on customer complaint handling, Ofgem says.
Ofgem campaign aims to raise student awareness of savings to be made by shopping around for energy.
High prices and high interest - but Brighthouse seem to offer something people want.Read more »
How to complain about your energy company, from why you should email, to who can help.Read more »
More in the money guide
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »