Virtual banking accounts for transactions of £6.4 billion each week - so what of the local branch?Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Barclaycard's market leading 34 month balance transfer offer
- 0% balance transfers for 34 months made within 60 days (2.99% fee)
- Special offer: 3.5% fee reduced to 2.99% by refund
- 0% on purchases for 6 months
A great low 3.9% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Peer-to-peer personal loan
- No early repayment fees or hidden charges
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000 for any purpose
- Spread repayments over a period of 2 to 5 years
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.1% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.10% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Some five million renters can't afford to save anything towards a deposit for their own home.
A rapidly ageing society is changing how we look at retirement - including whether we should at all.
Universal Credit is apparently working well where it's been introduced - so what's the delay?
Sainsbury's Bank announces unsecured personal loans of up to £35,000 and no serious restrictions.
What are smart meters? We take a look and explain how they benefit you.Read more »
Confused about what's wasting power at home? These monitors can help.Read more »
More in the money guide
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »