Consultation looks into effect of banning payday loans adverts being shown before the watershed.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Earn double Avios for the first 6 months on the Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards American Express Card
- Two credit cards - one account
- 1.25 Avios per £1 spent on the Amex, and 1.25 Avios per £5 spent on the MasterCard
- Double Avios for the first 6 months on the Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards American Express Card
- Flight upgrade voucher when your spend reaches £7,000 in a year
- No foreign transaction fees
A great low 3.7% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Peer-to-peer personal loan
- No early repayment fees or hidden charges
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000 for any purpose
- Spread repayments over a period of 1 to 5 years
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.5% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.5% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Reward account will come with a £3 monthly fee, but pay 3% on household bills paid by direct debit.
As complaints continue to fall, the FCA say they'd like to bring the PPI saga to a definite close.
Information Commissioner fines green energy company £200,000 for making millions of automated calls.
They owe less on credit cards - but far more on formal loans and borrowing from friends and family.
How does the Help To Buy scheme work, and who's eligible? And what about the Right To Buy?Read more »
What choices do people with debt management plans have if the administering company goes under?Read more »
More in the money guide
Are you covered under Section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974? We investigate.Read more »
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »