Differing levels of compensation if providers go bust need to be addressed, charity says.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Earn double Avios for the first 6 months on the Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards American Express Card
- Two credit cards - one account
- 1.25 Avios per £1 spent on the Amex, and 1.25 Avios per £5 spent on the MasterCard
- No foreign transaction fees
- Flight upgrade when your spend reaches £7,000 in a year
- Plus, double Avios for the first 6 months on the Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards American Express Card
A great low 4.2% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Peer-to-peer personal loan
- No early repayment fees or hidden charges
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000 for any purpose
- Spread repayments over a period of 1 to 5 years
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.45% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.45% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Payday giant lost 40% of customers and made a third fewer loans in 2014 than 2013.
Thousands could be due more compensation after bank mishandles PPI complaints.
Organisations ramp up scam awareness but should the Government be doing more to stamp out fraud?
More protection for temporary high deposits and continuous access to cash if banks fail.
How can credit cards help to build and rebuild a credit profile? We look in this guide.Read more »
Full guide to how these deals work and any loopholes within the terms to be aware of.Read more »
More in the money guide
Are you covered under Section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974? We investigate.Read more »
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »