Huge amount of the redress due to consumers actually went to claims firms, report shows.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Barclaycard's 30 month balance transfer offer
- 0% balance transfers for 30 months made within 60 days
- Special offer: 3.5% fee reduced to 2.89% fee by refund
- 0% on purchases for 6 months
- Purchase delivery insurance
Derbyshire building society, "Best Personal Loan Provider" moneynet
- 4.6% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Loan repayments can be spread over 1 to 5 years
- Fixed monthly repayments for the duration of the loan
- Instant online decision in most cases and no setup fees
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.1% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.10% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Multiple loans is a growing problem in the controversial payday market, debt charity says.
Poor credit ratings give households the double disadvantage of increased costs, study says.
A warning has been issued by the OFT to prevent unfair sanctions being placed on students.
Mobile banking is undeniably convenient, but is it safe? Analysts suggest not.
With the cost of dying at around £3,500, is it time to start budgeting for your funeral?Read more »
Is P2P lending really better than squirreling money away in an ISA? We investigate.Read more »
More in the money guide
Are you covered under Section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974? We investigate.Read more »
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Are MP and consumer group criticisms of payday loans fair? And, if so, how can they be fixed?Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »