Cost will plummet, but could it lead to rise in illegal lending.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Barclaycard's market leading 33 month balance transfer offer
- 0% balance transfers for 33 months made within 60 days
- Special offer: 3.5% fee reduced to 2.79% fee by refund
- 0% on purchases for 6 months
- Purchase delivery insurance
A great low 4.1% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- 4.1% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Loan repayments can be spread over 1 to 5 years
- Fixed monthly repayments for the duration of the loan
- Optional payment holiday at the start of the loan (subject to eligibility)
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.1% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.10% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Agency says, risk rating should reassure potential P2P savers.
300 closures this year aren't a bad thing for the branch, group says.
Offering top interest rates just too much effort for the biggest banks.
Bailed out bank planning big changes for its retail arm, says top bod.
To the untrained eye, all student bank accounts seem pretty good. Here's how to tell them apart.Read more »
The Government's Green Deal can make our homes more energy efficient without breaking the bank.Read more »
More in the money guide
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »