A very bad year loses bank about 3% of its current account customers.Read more »
Compare the best deals on money
Barclaycard's market leading 33 month balance transfer offer
- 0% balance transfers for 33 months made within 60 days (3.5% fee)
- 3.5% fee reduced to 2.99% by refund
- 0% on purchases for 6 months
- Purchase delivery insurance
A great low 4.1% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- 4.1% APR representative on loans £7,500 to £15,000
- Loan repayments can be spread over 1 to 5 years
- Fixed monthly repayments for the duration of the loan
- Optional payment holiday at the start of the loan (subject to eligibility)
Cashback on your household bills and interest on your balance
- 1% cashback on water, council tax and Santander mortgage payments (£1,000 max mortgage payment)
- 2% cashback on gas and electricity bills
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- £500 minimum monthly deposit required
2.7% AER fixed rate on your savings for 3 years with United National Bank
- 2.70% AER 3 year fixed term savings account.
- Save from £2,000 to £1,000,000.
- Withdrawals or early closures are not permitted.
Why is it that credit unions have so few members despite strong support?
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise, study says.
Report into payday lending shows troubling rise in 'pay to borrow' websites.
Buying an annual Travelcard to commute is cheaper through the new lender.
iPhone insurance can be costly, but is it money well spent? We look at the pros and cons.Read more »
Less stress and more security: does collective switching live up to those promises?Read more »
More in the money guide
Money - or super - transfers, allow you to move 0% offers to a current account to pay off overdrafts and loans.Read more »
Do for profit or not-for-profit debt advice agencies help consumers more? David Rodger from Debt Advice Foundation shares his views.Read more »